Tuesday 5 April 2016

Time Heals All Wounds

A generative writing exercise inspired by a picture of a fly with a man's face. The man is crying.

This isn’t how I thought It would be. When I woke up this morning, the first thing I thought was 'this is going to be a wonderful day. The sun is shining, the temperature won’t get too hot, and I only have fun things planned.' How was I supposed to know? How did this happen anyway? Where did it come from? This is not me. Help. Anybody, please help. Mum. No, no use calling for mum. There is nothing she can do anyway. This can’t be real. This can’t be happening. This can’t be my life. Am I stuck like this forever? Will this go away? Will I get my old self back. I don’t like this. I don’t want this. I hate this. Make it stop. Make it go away. I didn’t see it coming. Of course I didn’t. As if I would just continue on and let it happen if it was foreseeable. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Is it forever? No, it can’t be forever. Things will get back to normal. I just have to give it time. Yes, time.

No comments:

Post a Comment