Monday 11 April 2016

The Executioner

This piece was in response to a picture of an old movie set. There was a middle aged man talking to a smartly dressed woman and she looked uncomfortable. They were near her trailer and away from the shoot set up. It got me thinking about Marilyn Monroe's story.

Man: If you don’t do what I am asking you to, I am going to crush you like a gnat…like this.
Woman: What can you possibly do to me?
Man: Do you know who I am? Do you know who I know? Do you know what I can do to your career?
Woman: I am not a whore.
Man: You’re all whores. We just have to settle on a price.
Woman: I am not a whore and you are not my pimp.
Man: Do you ever want to work again.
Woman: There are laws you know.
Man: You really don’t seem to understand where you are. In this town film makers are the law and if you don’t do as you are told, we are the judge, jury and executioner too.

No comments:

Post a Comment