Thursday 28 July 2016

The Goat

An elephant and a horse come across a goat lying down.
 
E: Is it dead?

H: It’s not moving.

E: I think it’s dead.

H: Smell it.

E: You smell it.

H: Well… touch it. Give it a nudge, see if it moves.

E: What if it’s alive?

H: What if it is?

E: It might attack me.

H: It might.

E: You nudge it then.

H: Alright. I will. Ready?

E: Well, go on then. We don’t have all day.

H: If you’re in that much of a bloody rush you do it.

E: No, no. It’s fine. Whenever you’re ready.

H: Where should I do it.

E: It doesn’t matter, it’s dead.

H: If it isn’t it will attack me.

E: Then you run.

H: What will you do?

E: It’s dead. I won’t have to do anything.

H: If you’re that sure it’s dead why are we wasting our time.

E: I just wanna be sure.

H: I’ve had enough. I am leaving.

E: Don’t you wanna know?

H: No, actually. I don’t give a shit.

E: Then leave.

H: I’m going.

E: But you haven’t done it.

H: I don’t want to do it and I don’t care.

E: Wait! Please.

H: Why should I?

E: I need to know.

H: Why?

E: How can you just walk away not knowing?

H: If it really is dead, I don’t want to hang around.

E: If it’s dead it can’t hurt you.

H: No, but whatever killed it might still be lurking.

E: So you’re afraid.

H: If you’re not, you’re an idiot.

E: What are you afraid of?

H: Dying.

E: Leaving won’t prevent that.

No comments:

Post a Comment