Monday 14 January 2019

MONOTONY




tweet, cheep, chatter, chirp
burr, crack, thud, clunk
flapping, napping
swearing, tearing
the sounds
of summer
come at me
in stereo

***

birds in trees
feeding, flying, flittering
in the leaves
a grey monolith
rising from the rooftops
looming over the trees
both stare at me
daring a response

***

the mint wafts
into my nose
the basil intrudes on the left
the aroma wars have begun

***




pink
purple
red
orange
green beneath my soul
under my hands
under my eyes
the daffodil high in the sky

***

we see with
two eyes
hear with
two ears
smell with
two nostrils
we touch with
two hands
walk with
two feet
Breathe through     
two lungs
yet we eat with one mouth
feel with one heart
birth with one womb

***


to live
is stereo
left
right
weakness
might
surplus
and there is need
but there is only one world
and we are all one race

***
and the race never ends
and the race is never won
and the race is never lost

***

hard
soft
light
dark
reality
dreams
nature
sythetics
synthesized
into a mono track
one reality
one mind
one body
life as we know it, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment