Friday 18 March 2016

It's Raining, It's Pouring, The Sick Girl is Snoring

Today was blah no matter how you look at it. It has finally started raining and today it made up for everything, with puddles of water coming up from below and the heavens teeming from above. Getting wet was going to happen no matter what.

I have also been sick all week and although I am getting better, the chest and sinus infections are still virulent enough to best me today. I survived Performance Research, but I had to bail on the final Writing Intensive session. Luckily we got all the information for the assignment yesterday and today was going to just be time to work on it in class. I can do it at home.  I was going to do some this afternoon but I ended up sleeping the afternoon away so it will just have to wait until tomorrow.

I probably should have stayed home all day really. In the research unit we were covering the difference between phenomenology and semiotics. I already know this stuff because in my undergraduate degree I did a research project on 'The Role of Subsidiary Sound Signals in Our Perception of Reality' in which I investigated attention, awareness, perception and semiotics. 

I did learn one new term though - chronotopes. It is a term to indicate units of space/time/action on stage. It is a great word which has helped me understand what I am doing for the Writing Intensive project, and also gives me a context for the fragmentation developed in post-dramatic theatre. Not a complete waste of time in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment