Saturday 30 November 2013

Another Revelation

Such a great day today.  This morning I attended the performance making workshop run by the DIG collective at MU.  To begin, I discovered that the person leading the workshop was a post grad VCA animatuer whose work I saw last year.  It was nice to be able to connect her to her work so that I felt I had a understanding of where she was coming from.

We did a lot of fun stuff, with a focus on some Le Coq techniques.  This was exciting for me because I had heard about Le Coq, but I hadn't been able to find out many specifics when I Googled.  We did this brilliant changing faces exercise where you respond to a face being pulled, but you do so by turning away from the person, coming up with an answering face before turning back to them.  It turns into a really interesting non-verbal conversation, that is very considered.

The second main element we looked at was the 7 stages of excitability - super relaxed, relaxed, pragmatic, neutral mask, excitable, operatic, and rigid.  My favourite was relaxed.  It is kind of like you are drunk.  I seemed to knock a lot of people over whenever I was in super relaxed and relaxed.  I also managed to injure my wrist in operatic.  I was running away from a tsunami and fell on the floor and slid into the wall.  Please note that I did not for a single minute break the pose.  That is dedication! 

Of course, now I have a black bruise on my hand and a lot of trouble typing the letter 's'.  Actually, I hurt all over, but it is my own fault.  I don't have anything else I need to achieve today though, so it is relaxation and recovery time now.  I hear a cup of tea and a book calling my name...

No comments:

Post a Comment