Monday 18 November 2013

A New Beginning

It looks like 2014 will be a year of new beginnings.  This is kind of the automatic result of endings, but to be honest, I think this should all work out okay.  I was made redundant from my job last week.  Normally this would be really upsetting, but my boss was a narcissist and a micro-manager so it was a bit of a nightmare working there anyway.  It has also freed me up to look at the direction my life is taking and make some positive steps into the future. 

Positive step #1.  I just got given the opportunity to direct Brecht's 'The Exception and the Rule'.  So exciting in many ways.  Firstly, I haven't directed anything this year, so this is a great opportunity to get back on the horse as they say.  It is a really exciting play.  Strong, political, polemic writing very suited to my rather outspoken political views.  Really relevant to the times we are living in with Abbott as Prime Minister too!  I have some great ideas and am looking forward to realising them.

Positive step #2.  I have applied for a year long artistic residency at Victoria University.  I have a plan to explore Vorticism next year, and how it might be applied to performance making.  I am going to do it on my own anyway, but if I can do it in a supportive environment and with free studio access all the better!

So, as you can see, I have bright hopes for 2014 and the year is going to start with a bang.  Superb!

No comments:

Post a Comment