Wednesday 16 May 2012

Trench Warfare

Oh my.  Today I have been soooo feeling sorry for myself.  I have had the flu for a couple of weeks and it just wouldn't go away and developed into a chest infection, which set off my asthma.  Finally, yesterday, I went and got some antibiotics and they are working marvellously.  The problem is that last night they went into all out trench warfare with the infection and I had the most miserable night.  I really didn't expect to feel every minute of the fight.  On the positive side, the antibiotics seem to have gotten the upper hand, and I am coughing less.  On the other hand, my body feels like the land at the end of trench warfare - dug up, trodden on, and dead to new life.  My day has involved napping in my bed, or napping on the couch pretending to watch TV.  Even those efforts have been most strenuous.

I got an email this morning from Gasworks asking me to complete an EOI for Fringe, and all I could think was OMG, not today.  I did manage to find the energy this afternoon whilst lying in bed to pull out the lappy and send it off.  Of course I napped again immediately after.  The hilarious thing is that once I sent it off - with the impression that I was under time pressures - I got an autoreply saying that the person I am dealing with is out of the office until Friday.  Typical!  Anyway, at least it is done, and it is in the hands of the Gods.

Of course, I still haven't figured out how to pay for any of this.  I am still thrown by the earliness of the process and having to have registration fees - and half of the venue hire cost apparently - paid by the end of the month.  It wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have expenses like rent, food - you know, all those little luxuries in life.  Of course, a paying job would also help... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment