Tuesday 29 May 2012

Holding Patterns

Waiting, waiting, waiting.  It is so hard to get all the pieces to fall into place at the right time.  And yet, if they do, you have struck gold.

I got a call last night from Revolt, which indicated that I would get venue confirmation today for the Fringe Festival.  It has not happened.  This is possibly a good thing, because I am still a little short of funds for Fringe registration.  That money was supposed to go into my account today, but that didn't happen either.  Both need to happen concurrently, and within the next 48 hours for my show to make it into Fringe.  Of course, I have other personal commitments over the next two days, so now, even if it happens tomorrow morning, it is going to be tricky for me to get into the Fringe offices by close of business Thursday to complete registration.  Difficult, but NOT impossible.

On the strength of promises and a determination to make this happen, I have decided to go ahead and make my casting offers.  I am batting fifty/fifty on that.  One unavailability and one 'I'm in'.  A promising start :)

No comments:

Post a Comment