Thursday 18 October 2012

Balls In The Air

The sun is shining and there is a sense of wellness and potential in the air.  I know that is only the psychological effects of sunshine after so many months of cold and dreariness, but I am enjoying it anyway.

I have a whole bunch of deadlines happening at the same time again.  Boring, but hopefully I will get better at managing them. 

My first is an application for the Writing for Performance masters at the VCA.  I didn't think this was going to be a major problem because I have three works in development, but looking at one of them I realised I actually have to do some pretty serious structural tidying up and some dialogue detail if I am going to submit it as part of my portfolio.  That is my task this week.  Yesterday I storyboarded the elements I had and tried to identify the main themes and then produce some cohesion.  Today I am going to try and create some dialogue framework.  The application is due in at the end of the month, so I have a bit of time, and I will only be presenting it as an idea in genesis, but I still need to work on it even in that context.  I am going to trust that Othello:  Death Poll is far enough along, and my other piece has good dialogue but the concurrent themes as such need to be identified.  I am thinking at this point that is less of a writing task to be completed by application closing, and more of a conceptual thing for discussion at interview.

The other deadlines are Australia Council.  I just discovered that their next New Works application deadline is Nov 5, so I need to get that together.  This would be easy except that my previous presenting partner for this project was Revolt and as there is no way in hell I will ever go back there after the way they treated my for the Fringe.  I have to find somewhere else.  I am hoping to work with 45 Downstairs, Gasworks or Artshouse.  I already have the EOI in with Artshouse, but this also means I have to hurry through discussions with the other two to give myself a chance.

There is also a Fellowship being offered by the Australia Council which I want to investigate as well, and that has the same closing date as the New Works application.  Holy Guacamole! 

Anyway, enough procrastinating.  To work!

No comments:

Post a Comment