Wednesday 11 July 2012

An Auspicious Occasion

I let myself have a good rest last night which meant today I was refreshed and ready to face the challenges of producing with energy and vigour.  Luckily.  I woke up to a great email from Clancy Moore, who has agreed to come on board for the Fringe Othello as Peter Garrett.  I am so excited about that.  Clancy has the energy and acting talent that role needs.

My other big goal today was organise auspicing for when we take this into full production.  I had a meeting with Kara at Moriarty's and she helped me draft a creative development budget and a presentation budget for funding applications.  The reality is that I missed an important deadline, so it is going to be almost impossible for me to do what I want to do fully.  That doesn't mean I won't try, it just means I have to be clever and/or find a sugar daddy.  Anyone out there willing to invest in a sure fire, guaranteed blockbuster?  Just asking...

Anyway, I am very heartened about the progress of everything even though it is exhausting - and a bit lonely at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment