Sunday 6 July 2014

Sunday, Busy Sunday

A very full and busy day today.  It began with a meet up this afternoon with the Women Who Write group.  It was my first meet up with this group, but it was fun, and the organiser, Lee, was really friendly and spoke with each of us.  I met a couple of great women, and they got me thinking about the concept of publishing, and how to give the work a life.  I am the only playwright in the group, and it was really interesting to see how high the concept of publishing was on Everyone's agenda.  It makes sense of course, because how else do you earn a living.  I just always think in terms of a piece going into performance so it is refreshing to think about it as a piece of writing rather than performance.  Two women talked about their experiences self publishing and one broke down the economics.  It was really fun and informative.

The next item on the agenda today was the company meeting with WIT.  It was nice to meet everyone and they certainly appear to have a professional approach to what they are doing.  I am a bit concerned that the aspirations are higher than my experience tells me is achievable, but I don't know what connections people have and the economics of fundraising may be higher given the size of the ensemble.  I shall wait and see and go along with things and just see what happens.  Belinda has asked me to help her with some direction for her play 'The Bookworm' which is being performed as part of Fringe.  Her confidence is heartening.  I also put forward a suggestion for a midyear season of Sarah Daniels play Masterpiece.  Now I just have to find it!

All in all, a very productive and inspiring Sunday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment