Monday 30 April 2012

A Very Happy Chappy

I would definitely call today a success.  I got up at 6am to get my Expression of Interest submitted for the Fringe Hub.  I had to do this early because today was tech and dress day.  It does mean that I missed out on including a couple of biogs, but if the project isn't inspiring enough without listing a cast months before it begins then it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

So then we had technical rehearsal.  These things are always slow and exhausting, but we got there in the end with very little blood on the floor.  Yes, we did run over time, but I had allowed for that secretly in the schedule so it was all good.

And then there was the dress run.  What can I say?  I am a very happy chappy.  It looks good, the actors know where they are supposed to be - and when - and the stage manager is operating the cues wonderfully.  Now the actors just need to learn their lines and it will be superb. 

The only down side of the day is the photographer didn't turn up to take production photos.  Luckily the run went well, so I decided to run around with my Blackberry and take some snaps.  They generally turned out okay.  Good enough for what we need them for.  I can genuinely relax tonight and sleep in tomorrow morning.  Now THAT is something I am looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment