Tuesday 24 April 2012

It's Raining Again...

Welcome to my world on this dreary, wet, cold and windy day.  You can tell by this, that I have had need to be exposed to the weather today, and will have need this evening.  It is not appropriate for me to complain just yet.  This probably qualifies as the first day of the first week of the year where I can say this is truly Melbourne winter weather.  I knew today would be cold and rainy because I had to do my laundry and run outside errands.  If I could stay inside all day - like yesterday - then of course the sun would shine and there would be warmth in the world.

Despite the weather, though, it is turning out to be a very productive day.  I took a trip in to CLS to pick up the lighting gel I needed, and it turns out I only need one sheet so I have saved some money.  I also picked up a couple of rolls of mark up tape for the rostra while I was there.  That stuff is soooo cheap it is ridiculous.  I have also accepted the responsibility for making the programme.  At first I thought OMG, but I got it started, and have realised it will be a piece of cake.  I think I am very lucky in that I find making decisions really easy, so I don't spend a lot of my time agonising over things.  It also helps that I have done most of the other preparation for the show.  The master CD is edited and burnt, the lighting design is done, the set design is done, the production schedule is done, the costume lists are done, and most of the props are sorted.

 Now I just need my actors to learn their lines and blocking, and things will be SWEEEEEET! 

No comments:

Post a Comment