Thursday 7 June 2012

Get Your Motor Running!

So the train has left the station and there is no stopping it now!  Today I learnt how to create a Facebook page and set one up for Othello.  I am not sure if this is going to be particularly useful.  I am not entirely sure how it all works really.  I am hoping it is a good way to diseminate information, raise our profile, and keep momentum going on the fundraising campaign.  I guess we shall see.

I also set up a crowd funding site, which, for people interested in investing in the project is at  http://pozible.com/othellodeathpoll and is now live.  Check out the incentives and donate some money.  We will love you forever:) 

It has been kind of fun, and just a little bit frustrating.  The main frustration was not with pozible.  It was with PayPal.  I had to upgrade my account to accept payments and it was a bit unclear and I ended up in an annoying loop of screens trying to figure out what to do.  I still haven't figured out how to get it to accept AUD, so I have just set up pozible in USD.  I just have to live with the consequences.  It is a really great idea though, and I really hope it works.  It will take some of the financial burden off me.

It is kind of funny, because people have often referred to the creative 'fear' when presenting their work.  I think it is actually a lot scarier producing work.  The financial commitment and risk is huge, and you really do have to spend money to make money.  Then there is the problem of trying to get the right people to see the show to try and get it into full production in the future.  The stress!  I know that the trick is to sit back and enjoy the ride, but that is so much harder to do than it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment