Wednesday 27 June 2012

The Campaign Begins

Wow, what an up and down day this was.  I started the day in tears of despair and ended the day blowing out birthday candles and seeing the next stage of the vision for Othello.

The creative team met at Revolt this evening and had a look at the venue we are using for the Fringe Festival.  It was really nice to have the team all together for the first time with a single focus.  Julie was the busiest - taking lots of measurements.  I took the opportunity to talk with Hannah about a post show party for opening night, and to look at the venue options for going into full production next year.  That is still a bit of a pipe dream, but I am going to keep plugging away at it.

Julie then invited me back to her house and she had made a banana cake for me for a birthday cake.  It was soooo delicious.  She is an amazing cook and it was light and moist and very bananaey - yummo!  I snuck a second small piece, and she sent some home with me which my housemates promptly scoffed.

While I was at Julie's we had a chat about marketing.  We talked about a publicity strategy, possible images and merchandising.  It was really refreshing because I had lost my original vision for this, and she helped me find it again.  That's what friends are for!

No comments:

Post a Comment