Friday 30 March 2012

Boys will be boys

I got to work with just the boys today.  I kind of wanted them to bond in play the way guys do - you know, that Peter Pan thing. It didn't really happen though.  I guess you can't force these things.  On the other hand, when we rehearsed the drunk scene and once they got the hang of what we were doing, they seemed to take to it like a duck to water.  I don't know whether to be relieved or worried.  Maybe both is appropriate.  Anyway, I think the script analysis stage is over, and now it is time to get down to the meat and potatoes.

I have had to make a huge sacrifice.  To facilitate the drunk scene, I will be required to consume six stubbies of Boag's.  It is a hardship, but someone has to do it.  I began this long, arduous task this evening.  The things I do for art!  It was particularly difficult sitting in a bubble bath, reading a book and sucking on a beer.  I, however, am a hardy soul and shall struggle on for the good of the many.

No comments:

Post a Comment