Monday 5 May 2014

Restarting The Engine

Today I have a day off after the craziness of last minute rehearsals, bump in and opening.  There is still another week of the show to go, but it is just show calls now, so I can get back into my routine.  So much more easily said than done.

The hardest thing today was forcing myself to get restarted on my e-soap.  It was so hard to settle down and focus, and get back into the story.  I kind of knew that all I really had to do was start typing, but settling down to do it was really difficult.  I even preferred doing gardening to opening the file!

Luckily for me, I have a weirdly strong understanding that if I put it off past midday, I wouldn't do it at all, and as it has already been about two weeks since I last posted,  I will lose whatever audience I have if I put it off any further.  So I did it.  I opened the file, read the last couple of episodes to remember where the story had gotten up to, looked at my mind map and started typing.  It is a short episode, but luckily it was always going to be.  Just a little bit of flirtation to kick of the first love triangle.  Every soap opera has to have love triangles pmsl.

I also have to get started on my 1800 word essay on Suzuki training.  I have a feeling that is due very, very soon.  It actually might work out well if I try and make it so that I submit that by closing of 'La Peste'.  We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment